The Australian and New Zealand Society of Indexers (ANZSI) Conference will be held on 19 to 21 October 2023. The theme is “Making Connections”. IPEd members are offered the same rates as ANZSI Members as part of our Affiliation Agreement.
For more information about the conference and to register please visit the conference page.
Location: Charles Sturt University Convention Centre, Wagga Wagga, NSW
During the 2 days of the conference the topics covered will include:
- making connections via linked data
- evaluating your own index
- Mondeca for thesaurus, ontology and auto tagging management
- indexing conundrums
- AI (what are the implications)
- ebook indexes: more than meets the eye
- roundtable on Sky index tips & tricks
- roundtable on Cindex index tips & tricks
- silk purse or sow’s ear: can an index be created by the publisher from an indexer-supplied list of terms?
- indexing works with unusual/difficult structures
- Wikithon: updating Wikipedia.
There will also be two panel sessions
- indexers who are also editors: what are the challenges?
- indexing works with unusual/difficult structures and specialist indexes.
In addition, there will be two workshops on Sat 21 October
- introduction to back-of-book indexing workshop (1 day)
- advanced (refresher) indexing workshop (half day).
For further details go to Program
Registration. ANZSI will be offering both Early Bird and Student rates. IPEd members are offered the same rates as ANZSI Members as part of our Affiliation Agreement. To register for the conference please go to the ANZSI Store
Two and one day conference registration includes all sessions, conference satchel, lunch and morning and afternoon tea.
Full day Workshop includes lunch and morning and afternoon tea.
Half day Workshop includes morning tea.
The conference dinner will be held at Magpies Nest Restaurant which is a short distance from the CSU campus. The meal includes antipasto to start (house made breads and a selection of small bites), main meal and dessert. The charge covers a complimentary beverage (additional drinks at own cost). Vegetarian, vegan or special dietary requirements can be catered for.
Accommodation options at Charles Sturt University and Wagga Wagga.
Sightseeing in and around Wagga Wagga.
Registration can be cancelled up to three weeks before the start of the conference i.e. the cut-off date for refunds is 27 September.