Information to help candidates prepare for the IPEd accreditation exam.
Guide for candidates
The Guide for Candidates contains essential information for candidates sitting the IPEd accreditation exam. The Guide is updated for each exam, and whenever information about the exam changes. Candidates are strongly advised to check back regularly for newer versions.
The latest version of the Guide for Candidates can be downloaded here in Word and PDF formats:
- Guide-for-Candidates-November-2020.docx [DOCX 128KB]
- Guide-for-Candidates-November-2020.pdf [PDF 411KB]
The Guide contains information about:
- the purpose of the exam, recommended editing experience, exam content and structure
- registration: acknowledgement, receipt, photo ID, candidate number, special needs
- editing on screen
- exam day (see below for more detail)
- marking, results and appeals
- tips from AEs who have passed the exam.
The exam day information covers:
- invigilators, critical times and late arrival
- what to bring, including reference books and bound notes
- what happens during and at the end of the exam, with information about use of phones and watches, toilet breaks, interruptions, illness, food and drinks.