Information to help candidates prepare for the 2020 IPEd accreditation exam.
Guide for candidates
This guide contains information to help candidates prepare for the 2020 IPEd accreditation exam.
The latest version of the Guide for Candidates can be downloaded here in Word and PDF formats:
- Guide-for-Candidates-November-2020.docx [DOCX 128KB]
- Guide-for-Candidates-November-2020.pdf [PDF 411KB]
The Guide contains information about:
- the purpose of the exam, recommended editing experience, exam content and structure
- registration: acknowledgement, receipt, photo ID, candidate number, special needs
- editing on screen
- exam day (see below for more detail)
- marking, results and appeals
- tips from AEs who have passed the exam.
The exam day information covers:
- invigilators, critical times and late arrival
- what to bring, including reference books and bound notes
- what happens during and at the end of the exam, with information about use of phones and watches, toilet breaks, interruptions, illness, food and drinks.