A suite of resources available for members.
Resources for editors
IPEd has a suite of resources available for its members which can be accessed via the IPEd member portal.
The following resources are now available to IPEd members through the IPEd member portal:
- Books: an editor’s library
- Online resources
- Other organisations
- Member discounts
- Professional indemnity insurance
- IPEd Notes
- IPEd survey reports
- Client–editor letter of agreement template
PerfectIt is a software resource that helps deliver error-free documents. IPEd members receive a 30% discount on a single license of PerfectIt, at the member discounts link above. IPEd’s review of the current version, PerfectIT Cloud, offers further information.
Publicly available resources include:
- Dyslexia Style Guide 2018: Creating Dyslexia Friendly Content [PDF 189kb]
- Guidelines for editing research theses
- Inclusive Publishing in Australia: An Introductory Guide (read our news article on the guide)
- Working with self-employed editors: A guide for clients [PDF 557kb].
Books without barriers: a practical guide to inclusive publishing
Books without barriers: a practical guide to inclusive publishing is a practical guide for editors, writers and publishers on how to make publications accessible to readers with print disability. It is written by members of IPEd’s Accessibility Initiative Working Party and co-published by IPEd and the Australian Publishers Association, with support from the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund. The guide is available as a free download for screen and print.