by Dr Rhonda Daniels AE
IPEd’s Standing Committee on Academic Editing (SCAE) has summarised the thesis-editing guidelines and policies of New Zealand universities to help members. The overview of the eight universities, with links to the policies, is available as a PDF on the members-only IPEd portal here.
Other resources on academic editing on the members-only IPEd portal here include:
- a two-page sample agreement for thesis editing, with notes on how to use it
- resources on quoting and agreements, verb tense, plagiarism and editing referencing lists
- an article on the Australian Government’s legislation to deter editors from providing academic cheating here.
Resources for potential clients and members on academic editing on the IPEd website include:
- IPEd’s guidance on indicative costs of academic editing and fair hourly pay rates for self-employed editors
- IPEd’s Guidelines for editing research theses [PDF 156KB].
Contact SCAE via email@example.com.
Dr Rhonda Daniels AE, SCAE member