IPEd is seeking member volunteers to chair or co-chair the Standing Committee for Professional Development (SCPD).
This is a leadership role for an organised, committed person to implement IPEd’s integrated professional development (PD) strategy.
The new chair must be someone who:
- is committed to IPEd’s mission and strategic objectives
- has the energy and vision to implement new forms of PD at IPEd
- is passionate about making PD accessible for all IPEd members
- can coordinate an IPEd-wide PD strategy with varying branch interests
- has experience with or an understanding of online PD or training.
As chair, they would have the opportunity to lead strategic projects such as:
- coordinating an IPEd-wide PD program for all IPEd members
- collaborative delivery of shared PD across multiple IPEd branches
- implementing an inclusion places program to improve access to PD for disadvantaged members
- developing online PD addressing equity, diversity and inclusion for IPEd members and volunteers.
All SCPD meetings are conducted via Zoom. The role may particularly suit someone based in regional Australia or New Zealand who would like to become more involved with IPEd and who does not have current branch or other standing committee duties. The incoming chair/co-chair would receive a full handover from the previous chair.
- Reporting to the IPEd Board
- Setting the agenda for SCPD meetings
- Chairing SCPD meetings
- Managing budgets for SCPD-delivered PD
- Negotiating contracts and fees with presenters for SCPD-delivered PD
- Liaising with other standing committees and branch committees on PD matters
- Coordinating with SCPD members over task delegation, and providing support and oversight to achieve desired outcomes.
If a co-chair is appointed, the above duties may be shared as agreed by the chair and co-chair.
Please express your interest via email to email@example.com by 10 December 2021. In your email, please include a summary of your relevant knowledge and experience, and an indication of your reasons for applying and your expected capacity for the role.
Please note that, in accordance with the SCPD Terms of Reference, the role is open to IPEd Professional or Honorary Life Members (including Accredited Editors) only.