11th IPEd Conference
IPEd runs the premier conference for editors in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand. The 11th IPEd Editors Conference will be held online from 2 to 9 May 2023. The 2023 conference theme is “Futureproofing the Editing Profession”.
Editors from a diverse range of specialties will attend the conference to:
- undertake professional development training
- connect with other editors from a range of backgrounds and countries
- discover the experience of other editors in their field
- learn the latest developments in language, style and industry topics.
Our conferences are aimed at freelance and in-house editors as well as professionals with editing and proofreading as part of their role. We also welcome publishers and people who work with editors.
We have special prices for members of these affiliate organisations:
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Indexers
- Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- Editors Canada
- National Association of Independent Writers and Editors
- Professional Editors Guild.
Check out the IPEd website for more information about the history of the conference.
|Sandra Phillips, Western Sydney University, Associate Professor of Indigenous Australian Studies and Publishing Studies||Joel Naoum, Booktopia, Head of Trade Product|
|Topic: Better books: Cultural intelligence and Indigenous strengths in editing||Topic: 5 tips for optimising your metadata to boost book sales|
|Roland Sussex OAM, Emeritus Professor, University of Queensland School of Languages and Comparative Cultural Studies||Martin Delahunty, Director of Inspiring STEM Consulting and former Global Director at Springer Nature|
|Topic: Adapting to technological developments in language use and publishing||Topic: AI and related technology in scholarly publishing – a double-edged sword?|
Please see our speakers page for a more comprehensive list.