2022 Exam Registration
2022 Exam Registration
The next accreditation exam will be held on Monday 22 August 2022. Information needed to register for the exam is set out below under the following headings:
- Key dates
- Registration policy
- Registration fees
- Registration procedure
- Cancellation and refund policy
Information on the exam itself – such as structure and format – and on preparing for the exam is set out on the following pages:
Wednesday 2 February 2022 – registrations open
Friday 17 June 2022 – early-bird registrations close
Friday 22 July 2022 – all registrations close
Wednesday 17 August 2022 – last day for late cancellation (see policy below)
Monday 22 August 2022 – exam day
Monday 29 August 2022 – last day to lodge a request for special consideration (see the Guide for candidates) or apply for a refund on grounds of emergency cancellation (see Cancellation and refund policy below).
The 2022 accreditation exam is open to all IPEd members and members of affiliate editing organisations. Affiliate members will be asked for their membership details, which we will verify with your organisation.
Non-members wishing to sit the exam must first join IPEd in the appropriate membership category.
First-time candidates must pay either the early-bird full fee or the standard full fee by the relevant closing date.
Candidates who are resitting the exam must indicate in the registration form which exam they sat previously, and pay either the early-bird resit fee or the standard resit fee by the relevant closing date. We will check your eligibility for the resit fee (only one resit at the reduced rate is allowed). If you have already resat the exam at a reduced rate, you will be asked to pay the difference to make up the full fee at either the early-bird or standard rate depending on date of payment.
Registration is not complete until you have BOTH:
- completed the registration form, AND
- paid the registration fee,
by the early-bird or final closing date, as applicable to the date of your registration.
Registrations that are incomplete on Saturday 23 July 2022 will be automatically cancelled.
All fees are in Australian dollars and are shown with GST (Australian candidates only) and without GST.
|Rate||Fee with GST||Fee ex-GST||Closing date|
|Early-bird full||$675.00||$613.64||Friday 17 June 2022|
|Early-bird resit||$450.00||$409.09||Friday 17 June 2022|
|Standard full||$775.00||$704.55||Friday 22 July 2022|
|Standard resit||$550.00||$500.00||Friday 22 July 2022|
|Concession full||$500.00||$454.55||Friday 22 July 2022|
|Concession resit||$350.00||$318.18||Friday 22 July 2022|
Other fees that may apply are the late cancellation fee (see policy below) and the appeal fee (see under “Appeals” in the Guide for candidates).
1. Go to Events – 2022 Accreditation Exam. IPEd members must login to proceed with registration.
Affiliate members may proceed as non-members but must provide details of their membership of an affiliate organisation. Registrants whose membership cannot be verified with their organisation will have their registration cancelled and their fee refunded less an administration fee.
2. Select the appropriate fee category (full or resit).
3. Proceed to payment. You can pay immediately by credit card or pay later on invoice. If you choose to pay later, you must pay the invoiced amount by the relevant closing date. Early-bird registrants who do not pay by the early-bird closing date will be issued a new invoice for the full fee.
4. Fill in the registration form. Your payment confirmation email will include a link to the full registration form, which uses Google Forms. You do not have to fill this in immediately, but you must fill it in by the early-bird closing date if you pay the early-bird fee, or the final closing date if you pay the full fee. The sooner we have your information, the sooner we can plan for venues and invigilators, and respond to any special requests you may have. Failure to complete the form by the closing date will result in automatic cancellation of your registration.
You may download a preview of the form so that you know what to expect and will have your information ready. Please note that no documents can be submitted with the form – if we need supporting information, we will ask you to email it to us.
5. Wait for confirmation of your registration and further information. On submission of the form you will receive an automated confirmation from Google Forms. This is not confirmation of your registration, only receipt of the form. Your registration is complete once we have matched your registration form with your registration payment, and only then will you receive separate confirmation by email from the exam administrator. If the information you provided in the form requires verification (e.g. a request to accommodate special needs or for remote sitting), we will follow up by email.
We will also send all registered candidates information about the exam by email. Please make sure you regularly check the email address you used when you registered (including any junk folders), and let us know if your email address changes at any time.
If you believe you have registered but have not received any response other than the automated reply within two weeks of making payment and completing the form, please contact the exam administrator: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration at any time before the closing date of 22 July 2022 and receive a full refund less an administration fee of A$35 (including GST). To cancel, contact the exam administrator: email email@example.com.
Cancellations between 23 July and 17 August 2022 will receive a full refund less an administration fee of A$110 (including GST). To cancel, contact the exam administrator: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency cancellations and no-shows
Cancellations on or after 18 August 2022, including no-shows on exam day, will not receive any refund except in the event of a medical or other emergency. Requests for a refund must be lodged no later than 29 August 2022. You will need to state your reasons and provide supporting documentation. A refund application form will be provided closer to the exam date.
Payment of a partial or full refund, less the late cancellation fee of A$110 (including GST), will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and is at the discretion of the Accreditation Board.
Proudly sponsored by the Macquarie Dictionary and Thesaurus Online