When you apply for membership of IPEd, you will choose to be assigned to a branch. The branches are responsible for arranging member meetings, events and professional development activities.
Membership is offered for a minimum of 12 months and you are welcome to join at any time. Your membership will start on the date on which your membership application is approved.
Before applying for membership, please read the Categories page of the website to determine which category of membership you should apply for and the Membership Fees page.
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP OF IPED HERE
The benefits of IPEd membership include:
- access to professional development programs across Australia, both through workshops offered by state branches and online training via webinars
- ability to advertise your services nationally as well as by state, via a new centralised Editors Directory (for Professional Members only)
- eligibility for discounted registration fees for:
- professional development provided by any branch
- IPEd national editors conference, held every two years
- the national accreditation exam
- training events, including webinars held by our international partners, such as the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) in the UK and Editors Canada
- access to the National Mentoring Program, which offers members a two-way learning experience as either a mentor or a mentee
- job advertisements and industry news, nationally and through the branches, via regular email communication and newsletters
- being informed of editing prizes and scholarship opportunities
- access to member-only resources, including book lists, articles about editing and member-only discounts
- eligibility for public liability insurance and/or professional indemnity insurance (should you need it) at a discounted rate.
As a member of IPEd you will have the support of a national organisation of Australian editors that will advocate for issues such as rates of pay and employment conditions, and raise the profile of editors to all industry sectors.
The Editors Directory is a national directory of freelance editors. All Professional Members are eligible to subscribe for an entry in the Editors Directory. The fee for this is $40 per annum and can be paid through the MemNet member portal.
Once an editor has subscribed to the directory they will be asked to complete additional details for online listing.